Summer Camp Accreditation
As a camp accredited by the American Camp Association, we take pride in displaying this sign of approval. It tells you, the caring and careful parent, that we have taken the time to ensure that our camp program meets the strictest codes of safety and excellence.
ACA accreditation means that the camp you are considering for your child cares enough to undergo a thorough (over 300 standards) review of its operation – from staff qualifications and training to emergency management.
The American Camp Association
The American Camp Association collaborates with experts from the American Academy of Pediatrics, the American Red Cross, and other youth service agencies to assure that current practices at the camp reflect the most up-to-date, research-based standards in camp operation. Camps and ACA form a partnership that promotes summers of growth and fun in an environment committed to safety.
The ACA helps accredited camps provide:
- Healthy, developmentally-appropriate activities and learning experiences
- Discovery through experiential education
- Caring, competent role models
- Service to the community and the environment
- Opportunities for leadership and personal growth
- As a member in good standing with the ACA and in accordance with The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Gwynn Valley prohibits discrimination in all its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, parental status, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, political beliefs, reprisal, or because all or part of an individual’s income is derived from any public assistance program.